5:57 AM 4/10/2021
Girls in the Asia region used to ride scooters mostly to commute to their work places while some of the Girls used to ride light motorcycles in the Fasr East countries. In Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam like countries girls used to ride light motorcycle and work with them as motorbike taxis. Most of these girls are not strong enough to handle larger motorcycles. So their prefer small and light weight scooters that are far less in weight when compare them with the large motorcycles and they are easy to run through the heavy city traffic. In the meantime normal scooter's ground clearance is far better than the motorbikes. It is easy for the rider to put their leg in quick timeon the ground when you stop the scooter for a signal light. Also in case of accident scooter riders suffer less than the motorcycle riders. Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, India and in Malaysia girls used to commute to their work with these scooters. In the recent years Indian, Sri Lankan and Nepal girls too started this kind of transporting mode for to do their daily activities. Some ride with them to offices, Market and to schools on daily basis.
The scooter allows them not to depend on bus or three wheel transport where they have to wait for long time on the roadside. Even now they are very happy to have their own transport during this Corona Virus spreading time. The don't need to mingle with people in public transport system.
How to Select Scooter for Girls?
- Select a scooter with less weight and width. (E-Vehicle?).
- Select the one with low ground clearance.
- For town commuting select the one with 100 - 125cc Engine. (Not a 350cc as it is heavy)
- Combined brake system. (One lever will operate both the front and rear brakes.)
- No need to change gears. So there is no gear lever.
- Under seat compartment for to store helmet and bags.
- Hooks to hang bags in the front and detachable hook in the rear.
- Cell phone charging facility or buy it as accessories.
- LED Headlamp with AHO.
- Digital Head Lamps.
- 4 in One Lock Facility.
- Latest scooters use CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission.)
- Good Mileage.( Large Petrol Tank)
- Tubeless tyre. (Won't lose air quickly, in case of rupture)
- Service Date reminder.
- Low maintenance cost. (Front Clip Model, like Honda Activa 6G)
- Quick sealer can for to prevent air leak from the tyre.
- Portable pump for filling tyre
- Smartphone ready to call for help with GPS on.
How to learn to ride scooter.
- First you must learn balance and ride a two wheeler. For this learn to ride a bicycle. Important don't forget to wear safety helmet and other safety gears to protect yourself.
- Once you are confident with the bicycle riding, then start with a small scooter with "L" board.. (50 CC is the good one)
- Go to a driving school and get advice on how to get your driving license.
- You must read and understand the local road rules.
- After enough practice go for your driving license examination.
- Don't forget, a scooter requires current year "Revenue License" and "Third party Insurance".
- Also you must have temporary driving license or permanent driving license to ride it on public roads.
Before to leave home or Office, check for the following things.
- Check around to see any missing or loosen parts.
- Do you have enough petrol in your tank?
- Do turn Signals are working properly?
- Pass light, brake light and horn are working properly.
- Brake system work properly?
- Tyre has enough air pressure.
- Engine oil level is at the required level.
- Stands are moving free.
- Rear view mirrors are in perfect setting.
- Small bottle with water and a piece of clothe to clean any dirt on the seat.
Scooter riding Girls must observe the Following.
- Get the correct class (A1 or A) license according to the scooter's Engine Size (cc).
- Always be ready to use brakes. Use both brakes together, if not CBS model.
- Never try to stop the scooter with your legs.
- Keep your mechanic's phone number handy.
- Know the petrol filling position. Learn to open and close the lid perfectly.
- Scooter brakes and drive belts used to get worn out quickly.
- If someone is continuously honking from behind you, don't get panicked.
- If there is enough space just go side and allow them to pass you. Don't try to look at them. Keep concentration on your driving.
- When stopping scooter on side stands, select places with strong ground.
- In case of accident, help the other party and call the police too.
- If somebody hit and run, immediately report it to the area police station with exact time and location.
Woman’s capability in driving.